Saturday, September 27, 2008

BLOG 5 WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS

A dear friend declared those words – when it rains, it pours – with me this morning, after sharing the news of her daughter’s husband’s recent discovery that he had prostate cancer. Her other daughter is currently undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. Right now in this time on earth, many of us are experiencing our own version of that old adage, whether it is in the financial arena, a medical crisis or a spiritual emptiness.

Sometimes when it rains like we’re experiencing currently (I've had a few torrential moments myself in my life), I have found that it's either because my inner soil was exceedingly dry, I needed a "thorough cleaning" that only a downpour could cleanse, or I needed to learn how to do something differently in my life – like build an ark – for example.

How we get through these things in life has always been, and continues to be, a grand mystery to me. Ah so.

But we do get through them, don't we? In one form or another. My teachers have been so masterfully helpful in my getting (profoundly) that we are all eternal beings, just passing through. Another mystical teacher recently shared: "I don't think that anything that happens to us is permanently implanted. It just passes through."

So, what can you do right now to remind yourself that you are an eternal soul, loved beyond your human comprehension, capable of creating –right now – this very moment – what you want to think and, subsequently how you want to feel, that would better serve you? What would you have to let go of in order to know and experience that truth?

You have nothing to lose.

No comments: